Useful Links

Contact Information:

Malta High Commission
38 Culgoa Circuit,
O'Malley, ACT 2606​
+61 (02) 6290 1724
+61 (02) 6290 1573
+61 (02) 6290 2453
 VOIP (Calling from Malta)

Useful Links

     Visa Travel Advice for Maltese Nationals travelling to Australia

o   Maltese nationals require an Electronic Travel Authorisation (ETA) prior to travelling to Australia for tourism purposes. Kindly note that an ETA is not a visa, but merely informs Australia’s Department for Immigration and Border Protection of one’s arrival. In order to apply for an Electronic Travel Authorisation, you are required to create an Immi account prior to starting your application. Please follow this link:-
or alternatively,

o   An ETA  provides authorisation to travel to and enter Australia for short term stays for tourism or business visitor activities such as attending a conference, making business enquiries, or for contractual negotiations and is electronically linked to your passport.

Once an ETA is obtained, one can stay in Australia for a maximum of three months (90days) on each visit. After an ETA is granted one will be able to enter and leave Australia as many times as one needs during a 12 month period, from the date the ETA is granted or until the expiry date of one’s passport, whichever is earlier.

An ETA is not a work visa.


o   If you would like to work in Australia you can use the Australian Department for Immigration and Border Protection Visa Finder to search for a visa that is suitable for you, visit


     Working Holiday Permit

o   For information on the Work-Holiday Agreement between Malta and Australia please visit:-

o   Maltese nationals between the age of 18-30 wishing to working for a period of up to 12 months in Australia may wish to consult:


     Consul-on-the-Move project

      Please click on the following link:​​


     Pension Payment Dates

     Please click here​ to view the Pension Payment Dates for 2018